Powered By Blogger

Saturday 25 February 2012

Tim's Rosette die blooms

The other day I noticed some handmade flowers created on Ellen Hutson blog by Julie Ebersole, it was using a Memory Box die called fringe. I thought I've got to have this die so went hunting on the internet. With a CHA wish list longer than the London marathon I started to think how simular it is to Tim's Rossette die. Yesterday I had a play and cut some felt using Tims die, I trimmed down the perforations, applied double sided tape along the bottom edge and rolled the fringe up around the cocktail stick. Here is what I've created using felt, metal and 7 Gypsies tissue paper.


To get a two tone flower you could wrap to strips at the same time. The tissue paper is very thin so I've doubled it up before rolling and rolled two lengths of the die.
With the metal one I've backed the metal with card using humungo tape. I guess you could emboss or stamp the metal to match you layouts.
These may also work with Tim's smaller Rosette die but I haven't tried these.
Until next time.
Rae x

No comments:

Post a Comment