Powered By Blogger

Saturday 10 May 2014

Mixed media canvas

I recently purchased a 8x8 canvas and wanted to play with mixed media products. I thought I might enter this into the monthly challenge over at A sprinkle of imagination. The challenge allows for "anything goes" which gives free reigns on creativity.  I wanted layers and depth so used modern and antique lace over the canvas glued down with gel medium. I've used an antique Victorian frame and filled it with several pours of Ice resin. Ice resin is a fantastic jewellery grade resin which drys clear. I have been looking through some vintage finds and decided to use a vintage key, envelope &  cheque book stub.


Many of the products I have used are Prima Marketing including their brilliant wooden ATC cards. 
I first layered lace onto the canvas and used gel medium to adhere it. To get the vintage colour I have used cold Tea and Art Anthology Timeless spray. These sprays are beautiful but I wish they were available in the UK. 





It is Bank holiday here this weekend so I hope to finish a mixed media page I have started this morning. 

Until next time. 
Rach x

1 comment:

  1. This is beautiful, what a stunning piece of work. Thank you for entering the challenge this time with A Sprinkle of Imagination.

    ReplyDelete