Powered By Blogger

Thursday 26 January 2012

Gorgeous Glitz

Glitz is one of my top three manufacturers and there new CHA sneek peeks don't disappoint. All three are lovely. I'm in love with the new Pretty in Pink collection, It's a fab blend of pretty pink and vintage chic. I so need this when it ships. Ive always loved Glitz's Whatnots so I'll need those. The 6x6 pad is also a great addition for card making or if I cant bear cutting into 12x12.
I'm enjoying taking part in challenges they have given me some direction, This month I decided to take part in the Glitz January Blog challenge
Ive taken inspiration from the photo in using the blingy wreath on top of the cup as it reminds me of the foliage trailing off the mantle.
I decided to alter a Tea cup and saucer. I've called it Tiny in a Teacup.





Ive painted the tea cup using Paperartsy fresco paint. Its really good on all surfaces.
I have vintaged the edges using some of Timmy's vintage photo distress ink. I've used Glitz Vintage blue papers to make spiral roses and glittered butterfly's, Glitz frosted gems around the base of the cup. A glitz glitzer sticker behind the Timmy ornate frame. Also I've used glitz tiny alphas as a title. The pattern on the saucer is also a Glitz damask rub on. I've used some Glitz netting from the Beautiful dreamer Trim pack on the tiny photo frame. I also altered this using the Paperartsy Fresco paints 
There's a few hours left to enter so why not join in at Glitz January blog challenge
My friend Deb and I are going on the Creative Heart and Soul retreat later this year and the ladies from Glitz are teaching. I can hardly wait to see what they have in store.
Hope you have a great day
Until next time
Rae x

5 comments:

  1. This is stunning Rach, love what you did with an old teacup. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty decor piece! Thanks for participating in the January Glitz Design blog challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just gorgeous.

    Helen and I may be seeing you at the retreat - her and Deb talked me into it this morning.

    Good to see you blogging again, we all missed you today - but, to be fair, we had all left by 2, because of the weather

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so lovely. Good to see you blogging again, we missed you today. But, to be fair, we had all left by 2 because of the weather.

    Helen and I may see you at the retreat, she and Deb talked me around to it this morning...

    ReplyDelete