Powered By Blogger

Thursday 19 January 2012

Guess who's back and ready to play My Mojo Monthly

I know to say its been a while is an understatement! I'm going to try and give blogging another whirl. If I can remember how to use it that is. Its been a busy 18 months or so, we are now parents to a beautiful baby girl called Mya Rose. Shes just over 6 months now so I'm just starting to find the time to get creative again.

She doesn't give me much free time in my room so when I found this ATC challenge I thought it sounded ideal. Whilst blog hoping some time ago I found an amazing blog called LA-DE-DAH  after some time I realised shes only lives half an hour away from me, how strange when a blog hop all the way from America lands you almost home!  I was really inspired by this months My Mojo Monthly  challenge I thought I would give an ATC a go.



ATC's seem a really good way of using up left over stash, producing something relatively quickly and not having to worry about photos.
I'm really happy with it, it felt good to get something finished that didn't take hours of planning like my scrapbook pages.
I have bought a 7 Gypsies ATC drawer, it may look a bit lonely in there for a while but I'm sure i'll be adding to my collection.
For this ATC I have used some Pink Paisley Butterfly garden paper, I've added SU glitter to her wings, a ribbon Buckle, a vintage button and lace, a Melissa Frances tiny resin frame and a Prima art tile.
I used my new Ingvild Bolme paper distresser and its my new favourite tool.
The small vintage text is on fabric which was very kindly made for me by a lovely lady called Viv, she makes the most beautiful handmade items using vintage finds.
I really enjoyed making an ATC, why not join in on Sarah's blog.
Until next time.

Hugs
Rae

8 comments:

  1. Wow . . . a seriously vintage ATC here. It's GREAT. I love other people's vintage stuff but not very good at it myself! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, your back !!!!! I'm loving your A.T.C what a great way to get creative and get finished quickly. I hope to see you on here regularly now. Big kiss to Mya.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well hello to another Shropshire lass! (originally from Herefordshire I must add, so a farmer accent can creep in!) Firstly it's great you have found time and a path back into creativity and hooray because your ATC is truly gorgeous and bursting with vintage wonder and details! Thanks so much for sharing your creation with My Mojo Monthly! Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to see you back! ;-)

    Your ATC is really gorgeous and will make a perfect start to a collection. I love how pretty and sparkly it is. Glad to see you getting back into some crafty time for yourself. It was lovely to see you back in Sept. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Rae,

    I had left a comment but it hasn't appeared - just in case, I'll do it again!

    Well hello to another Shropshire lass! (originally from Herefordshire I must add, so a farmer accent can creep in!) Firstly it's great you have found time and a path back into creativity and hooray because your ATC is truly gorgeous and bursting with vintage wonder and details! Thanks so much for sharing your creation with My Mojo Monthly! Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous vintage ATC gorgeous papers and I'm loving the little picture frame!!

    Maggie H

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely gorgeous and super feminine. Well done and Congratulations on your little girl!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oooh, what a lovely special ATC! i love the details like the little frame! it is totally understandable not to have time to blog with a little one around!
    thanks for sharing!
    hugs,
    peggy aplSEEDS

    ReplyDelete