Powered By Blogger

Friday 10 September 2010

Can a girl ever have too much Prima?

Surely the answer has to be no. Last week the new Prima ideas book arrived and what an inspiration it is. How do they create such beautiful layouts with so many flowers. Its just OTT gorgeous. So today i decided to stop being stingy with the flowers i have and use some rather than admiring them in their yummy packaging. Here is my creation, i love the combination of pink and pale teal blue. I've used so many manufacturers on this one, including, Prima, K and co, Making Memories, Girls Paperie, Collection Elements, Pink Paisley and Tattered Angels. Sorry about the bad light in the photos.



There is something I was unsure whether to share on the web but what happen to us this year has defined who I am. Tragically we lost our baby boy in April and this has made me realise how important it is to enjoy what we have, never take anything for granted and live for the moment. It also reinforces my belief in capturing memories and preserving them in scrapbooking, Since we lost our little boy in April I've taken a special liking of a beautiful rose in the garden just outside our patio. I call it Bailey's rose and when the weather was better I took some photos. I've created this layout using the close up photo.



Ive started an album for Bailey but the journaling and photos are too personal to share except this one that Ive called 'Waiting for you' it is the only photo i have on myself pregnant.

We were meant to have so many memories to share and scrap but it wasn't meant to be, so make sure you capture every moment and scrap it.


Take care x

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure your attitude to life is what got you through the terrible tragedy of losing Bailey. I admire you so much for been able to talk about it openly now,it must be so hard though. I hope people reading this post can take some of your positivity and enjoy what they have got.
    Gorgeous LO's as usual but You & Me and Rose LO are so special. What a wonderful hobby scrapbooking is, to preserve all our memories,happy and sad.
    Your Friend
    xxxxDebxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. rach i don't even know what to say on this comment, but deb is right, you have an amazing attitude, i don't think i would have a tenth of your strength if i had to go through what you did. i am so glad you have started bailey's album and that you're sharing it too, because although it is so incredibly sad, it's also very beautiful and everyone who is important in your life will want to share these pages with you. you're so brave xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I 've been reading your blog and I am impressed. It takes courage to share something as personal as this. I am so so sorry for you. Loosing your son Bailey; it's the most tragic what can happen.... But scrapbooking the memories is gorgeous.It's the perfect way to preserve the memories....He IS your son and I am impressed you shared your story.
    I don't know you ( and you don't know me :)) but I'm thinking of you....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rach I have just found your new blog from Debs. I think you are SO brave sharing the loss of Bailey with us.

    I hope to see you soon at the Bromsgrove crop.

    {{hugs}}
    Cx

    ReplyDelete