Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 8 September 2010

So Much To Share ( beware a long post!)

I'm sorry it's been so long since my last post. Last Saturday was  our mini cropaganzer at Bromsgrove, Lib organized a fab day with Morag Cutts teaching us three classes. It was undoubtedly the best crop ever, I really enjoyed myself, the classes were fab and Skrapz came so I did a little bit of retail therapy. I'm in love with the new Tattered Angels Chalkboard Glimmer mists. Thanks to Lib and Morag for all your effort in organizing the day. Here are the layouts that Morag did with us ...



At the moment I seem to be doing quiet monochromatic layouts, here is a layout of Grey and Black. The photo is of my Bengal cat Monty, what a little poser! I've had a new second hand bridge camera off my friend Deb so Monty was much obliging when I was playing with the settings. I made the rose from metal sheet and embossed it and sanded away the top layer.



Here is another layout called 'window to my soul' I completed at our crop using beige and black, The photo again is another tester for the new camera. I just love the Tim Holtz tissue tape.



As part of winning week 24 at the The Shabby Tea Room I get to be a guest designer for week 29, how cool is that? So be sure to keep an eye out. Last week was just hetic with new windows , going back to work and the cropaganza so I missed entered the Shabby Tea Room challenge, It was to produce a layout with old and new, So I used my new My Minds Eye papers and teamed it with old buckles and buttons I had recently bought. Do you think it looks a little too grungy?

 
Well I'm back at work and to say it feels like I've never been away is an understatement, I'm enjoying it more this week but it's like taking the clock back 18 months as if nothing had happened in between. I am hoping this is a turning point for Wayne and I and things will look more positive now.
 
Best dash, I've just got a spare half hour to look through the new Prima ideas book. Its gorgeous.
 
Thanks for popping by

4 comments:

  1. It certainly was a great day on Saturday,your window to your soul LO turned out great.
    I'm glad work is better for you this week and I'm sure this is a turning point for you both.
    Look on my blog there is an award waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. these layouts are all gorgeous. love them all. the two monochromatic layouts are great and the photos are very interesting - looks like you are really getting to grips with the camera.

    Was sad to have missed the cropaganza - would have loved to have been there and to have been able to say hello. seems like such a long time since I saw you. Glad to hear that work is settling down for you.

    Hope to see more of your gorgeous layouts here on the blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous layouts rach as ever and i could spot yours in a line up! glad work is going well, i am sure that things are on the up for you both. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful layouts! They are gorgeous and I love the color schemes.
    Good to hear that it turned out good to be back at work again.

    ReplyDelete